Sunday, June 5, 2016

ALL PATCHED UP















I am loving these The Ragged Priest mom jeans! I'm so happy to finally have a pair. All I've seen in street style lately are new ways to wear denim. Did you guys see VFILES Fall 2016 runway? With several designers showing their collections, half of them included denim. Sophie Hardeman created what I think is the best piece from the show...
my summer look / when you see someone you know in public and don't want to talk to them

I love that the classic Canadian tuxedo is back in style, it's effortlessly cool and can be worn a lot of different ways. I like to wear my mom's oversized and bedazzled denim shirt from the 90's with my easy jeans from AA or some denim shorts, depending on the weather. I've seen some people and publications completely reconstruct denim pieces to wear them in entirely new ways. It's very editorial but is surprisingly wearable. Only thing I'm still not into are denim culottes. You just won't find me in a pair of those any time soon. They remind me too much of gaucho pants from my middle school years, and I like to repress the memories of that time as much as I can.

Now that I brought it up, though, about a month ago I logged into my Myspace and holy shit I'm so glad I did because there were a lot of pictures on there that someone could have dug up eventually to use as blackmail. It is so crazy to think how much communication and technology has changed in 9 years. My friends and I used to make plans by writing on each others page's! We didn't text each other, my phone didn't even have texting!! Or Internet!! It was a flip phone!! We just had to write on each other's wall, "Hey want to go to the pool at 2?" and you just had to trust that your friend was there at 2!
I was about to say that the younger generation has it so good now, but do they? Is constant communication and minimal real life socializing good for you? Treating social media like a public diary is all they've ever known it as. Technology gives you instant gratification, but does it really fill your social void? On the other hand, it's cool to connect with people who you would have never met if it weren't for technology, and it certainly helps with my long distance relationship. Not to mention, technology has infiltrated fashion in the past few years, with products like the Apple watch, or Claire Dane's Zac Posen dress at the Met Gala, where technology was the theme! I don't know where I was going with this. I think what I'm trying to say is I actually miss Myspace. And old MTV. Bring back Jeffree Star's glory days and Room Raiders.

OUTFIT DETAILS:
BODYSUIT- AMERICAN APPAREL
JEANS- THE RAGGED PRIEST
SHOES- UNIF
SUNGLASSES- ESQAPE/TILTED SOLE
BACKPACK- LAMODA

Pictures taken by the always wonderful Amanda Walker 

No comments:

Post a Comment