Sunday, March 16, 2014

Trend of the Month: Holographic

The holographic trend made it's start in the 90's, marking everything in it's path. Shoes, shirts, skirts, shorts, and just about any accessory you could think of, seen in the embarrassing flashback. Much like a lot of other 90's trends like crop tops and high waisted jeans, holographic print is making a new and modernized comeback.

I, personally, have fallen in love with this trend. It's fun and daring, and I'm dying to get my hands on something holographic. I've had my eye on a few things, like American Apparel's new Holographic Skater skirt. I got the chance to see it in person at the store on Melrose Avenue and I made it my next "treat yo' self" purchase since it's a killer $170. 



Another company taking on the hologram trend is one of my favorites, UNIF. They've come out with some radical stuff like The Shady's, the Edge Platforms, and the Neogram Sweatshirt, to name a few.

Unfortunately I don't have anything holographic yet, but I'm sure you guys will be the first to know when I do. I can't wait for that skater skirt...


xo

No comments:

Post a Comment