Saturday, May 23, 2015

BAMBI SPICE || Z-HOVAK












This has got to be my favorite shoot to date. Not only did I have a blast running around rooftops in DTLA with my extremely talented friend Ray (@Ray_Syd on Instagram), but this is one of my favorite looks. The rainbow kimono, black platforms, and holographic choker...I love everything about this look. I felt like a modern day spice girl with my rainbow cape flowing behind me and my cute little space buns. Really though, when am I not dressed up like modern day Baby Spice/ Cher Horowitz? 
I was stoked when Z-HOVAK reached out to me to collab & sent me this super cute crop top. It's trendy, comfy, and reversible! It could be worn so many ways- dressed up like this, or worn with a cute pair of joggers! It's a new staple in my wardrobe for sure. They have the top in tons of different prints, along with yoga shorts to match! I'll link to their shop below. Thanks again to the awesome team at Z-HOVAK for this cute top and cool leg chain (not pictured)! Also thank you so much to the amazing people over at Tilted Sole for these YRU Qozmos! I give my white ones so much love, I had to have them in black! Just as cute and comfy, but a bit more understated. These are a little more acceptable for everyday wear (not like that stopped me from wearing my white ones everywhere I go, though!) 
Hope you all are enjoying the beginning of your summer! As for us FIDM students, we still have another month until our break. I already feel like my brain has checked out, even though I'll be taking classes this summer. Now go enjoy the warm weather!! Get outside!! Soak up some of that vitamin D and stop watching Netflix. I promise Bob's Burgers will still be there when you get back.

One last thing- I want to say thank you to you guys for being overwhelmingly supportive and positive about my last post where I discussed my experience and struggle with anxiety. Immediately after, I received messages on nearly all of my social media platforms from readers, friends, even old friends I haven't talked to since high school, all telling me how much they can relate to my story, to the point where it felt like they were reading their own. I'm so, so happy that I could help and make you guys feel like you're not alone, because you're not! We're in this together. One thing that the responses I received taught me was to not judge someone based solely on what they post on social media or the kind of person they portray themselves as. You really only see the tip of the iceberg. We never truly know what someone else is going through. I always try to live by 'Treat others the way you want to be treated". We're all taught The Golden Rule, it's implanted into our brain the moment we get into school, and it's not a hard motto to live by. So treat others with kindness and a basic level of respect. Thanks again for all of your kind words and positive feedback! xo

DETAILS
TOP- Z-HOVAK
KIMONO/DRESS- UNIF
SHORTS- MINK PINK 
HOLOGRAPHIC CHOKER- NIKKI LIPSTICK / DEVIL666ISH
BLACK CHOKER- TUNNEL VISION
FISHNET SOCKS- AMERICAN APPAREL

Thanks again to Ray for the fun shoot! Check out his Instagram @Ray_Syd or his tumblr lifeiseasyofficial.tumblr.com for more of his work! 

1 comment:

  1. I touched similar a contemporary day spice girl with my multi-colored coat flowing behind me and my cute little space baps online casual shirts

    ReplyDelete